Sunday, February 15, 2009

What's in This Box?



This is the box that Nova presented to me when I met up with her (during the visit mentioned in my previous post). Upon opening it, I found this:

Yummy! Kit Kats from oriental shores! Delicious! Admittedly they'd melted a bit before we had a chance to get them, thanks to the extreme warm days we've been having, but still, tasty nonetheless.

With most of these, the flavour component is within the wafer part, not just the chocolate. Here's the list of which flavour is which, and an explanation of how each tastes as we've tried them:
  1. Sweet Potato! - actually, this one didn't taste strange at all, rather it tasted just like the White Chocolate ones we have over here. Though we did detect a slightly salty aftertaste.
  2. Muscat Grape! - WOW. This one so far has had the most dramatic effect on out tastebuds. It really DOES taste like grapes. Slightly eyew.
  3. Bite size Fruity flavour! These have a decidedly banana-esque taste, or perhaps it was tutti-fruity. But they were little wafer pieces about 1cm square! Yum!
  4. Bean flavour?! Nova wasn't 100% sure, but I did some research, and it's just Red Bean flavoured white chocolate. I'm not sure why it has a Japanese fan on the front, though. I think the flavour of this one is a little subtle for my palate, as I couldn't detect anything different from the plain White Chocolate variety.
  5. Mixed Berry - a blend of strawberry, blueberry and cranberry. The big surprise was that the sticks had white and pink stripes!!! Very tasty!
  6. Blueberry Cheesecake - nice! The wafer had the berry flavour, and the chocolate was the cheesy part!
  7. I think this one is Caramel Pudding flavour. It tasted sorta pudding-y but not really caramel-y. (maybe because it had degraded in the heat?) Nice, though!
It's interesting to see how adventurous the Japanese are with their treats. I used to think that Peanut Butter and Cookies 'n' Creme were pretty "out-there" for a Kit Kat, but I've really been put in my place!
What's more, these aren't even the most exotic flavours they have. You can also buy Kiwi Fruit and Cantaloupe flavoured Kit Kats... hint to Nova for when she goes back

I wonder if it would be possible to get some imported over here...?

1 comment:

caf said...

They sell different flavours in different parts of the country.
Kiwi-fruit and cantaloupe might be sold somewhere else, but I haven't seen them anywhere in the areas i've been traveling to. Sorry.

I shall keep my eyes peeled though.

Basically that box was assembled by me buying and stockpiling every flavour I could come across.

I'd buy one for me and one for you, because I thought it would be silly to send you stuff I hadn't tried ^_^
hehe.