Thursday, February 11, 2010

Look what I found!

Just so all the viewers, stalkers and searchbots can get to know me a little better, here are some sites that I've stumbled over in the past few days.

Judge A Book By Its Cover and Awful Library Books do exactly what it says on the tin. My mother works at a library, and I'm sure she would find these two blogs absolutely hilarious - and then she would immediately go to work and rip off half the shelf stock.
Pop Sensation takes a look at covers and blurbs of various pulp fiction paperbacks from the 20th Century. I recall my folks having a few books like this on the shelf (well, perhaps not quite as racy as some of the one shown here- I hope).
PhotoShop Disasters - I mean, really. Do we still hold any illusions about what we see in the media any more? Pictures don't lie anymore, they Blur with added Lens Flare!

I also received the books I'd ordered off Amazon last week (early, in fact) so that makes me happy. I'll try to find some other books I've been hunting down, but not just yet - I still have other important things to spend money on and save up for.
I ordered Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid and I Am A Strange Loop by Douglas Hofstadter (spelled that without checking ;D ), the first of which I'd already read but really liked; the second one is what I'm reading now. The other book was the paperback version of Unicorn Jelly, which I've been trying to order for a while - I have an eye for weird stories like this, and wanted to check out the hard copy version. It's a very nice book!

Oh, and also, I'm waiting for this to buffer, download, install - whatever:

I'm sorry, what? The Bee Gees? Aerosmith? Alice Cooper?! Doing The Beatles' back catalogue?!? What is this I don't even

No comments: