Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I done broke it!

Also, I discovered something else today that is a little disappointing.

Last year, my older sister gave me a new alarm clock for Christmas. Not an ordinary one that just tells time and bleeps when you want it to, but one with a unique "deactivation" setting.
On top of the clock mechanism is a small sphere attached to a propeller blade. When the alarm goes off, the blade spins around rapidly, and flies off around the room. In order to stop the clock from bleeping endlessly, you have to find the sphere and place it back on top of the clock. Easier said than done at five in the morning!
Below is a picture of a similar model. The one I have is slightly less durable (as I'll explain shortly). Not my picture, btw, I found this one here.



I used the clock to wake me up on Sunday for the shift I mentioned in the last post (though it turned out I didn't really need it anyway). I switched it off the regular way, but later, when I had a look at the pieces, I realised there were too many. Yes, I done broke the propeller, and now it doesn't work any more!
I was bemused when I received the clock (well, more than a little insulted, actually), but now that it is broken I am sad. So, I'm going to try and glue it back together, if for no other reason than to say, "Hey, I tried to fix it!"

3 comments:

caf said...

Did you manage to fix it?

Neb said...

Not yet. I'm a little reluctant to bring out the Superglue after the last time I used it... which was actually only the first time I've ever bonded my fingers to something else. ;P

Neb said...

PS. fixed.