Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh yeah, I have a blog to look after!

Hey folks.

Sorry I forgot about the blog for the past few weeks, but my job has been occupying a lot of my time - plus there have been some other developments that needed attention:
  • My uncle passed away in November. He had been unwell for some time, and was living in a care home, but he was admitted into critical care in late October after his lymphoma started affecting him badly. He spent about six weeks in hospital. For a while, he started to get better, responding to treatment and gaining weight, but it unfortunately didn't last. He was a quiet, kind and generous person, and we will all miss him.
  • One of our pets has been diagnosed with FIV (which is like HIV but for cats). He had been looking unwell for the past few weeks, with a skin condition that made his fur look shabby and start to fall out. He has been treated with antibiotics and anti-inflammatories which seem to be helping with his skin problems, but we are unsure what will happen after he finishes the course of tablets.
  • We lost a key member of staff at one of the places I work, and so I have been stepping into the breach until we get a suitable replacement trained up and ready. It's kind of screwed up my plans for the rest of the month, but we cannot foresee this sort of thing, and we can only go with the flow. sigh...
  • I turned 31 this week. There was no special fanfare this year (unlike last year's three-party extravaganza) because let's face it, 31 is NOT a milestone year. It is however a prime number, in case you wondered.
  • Aaaand, of course... the horror of eXcemas is close to hand! And, once again, it looks like I'll have to work over the Christmas period, and once again my family is unhappy that I will be spending yet another holiday season away from them. :P
All up, it's been a rather chaotic couple of months, and I'll be glad when everything settles down again. In the meantime, I have a housebound cat and too much work to deal with.

See you in January, most likely!

No comments: