Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dimboola - *****!

Well, the play was excellent! Though, not all went to plan...

I managed to get the night off (yay!) and I managed to organise three of my friends to accompany me (yay!!) and I even managed to find my way to the hall on time (YAAY!!!).

But... two of my friends didn't make it. Regrettably, their car got a flat tyre on the way. (Noooo!!!) Which meant that I'd lost out on the price of their tickets... Hey, it happens.

Still, we had an excellent time.
I got to meet Andrew's¹ family, whom I've heard about but never seen. They were nice, and his Mum had a lovely chat with my friend Trish² regarding the murals already installed in Moe.

My sister played the bridesmaid, in a very fetching green dress -_-; and some lovely cork platform heels (also in green). I thought they were an op-shop find, but it turns out they were brand new from Target - reduced to $4, I wonder why?!?

The presentation was interesting... as the play takes place at a wedding banquet, the audience played the role of party guests, which meant we were also provided a three-course meal along with the cast! (The meal I had wasn't quite as nice as I'd expected for the price of the ticket, but I did appreciate the caterers accomodating for my vegan friend - who was one of the two people who didn't show up, unfortunately!)

Of course, the actors were also drinking lots of (non-alcoholic) beer, and were playing their roles very convincingly! In fact, Krissy was doing some drunken dancing during one of the "meal" periods, and actually fell over! It was an accident, but it just made it more real...
In fact, I mentioned to Andrew's family that I'd seen her do that before - which did NOT go down well with Krys afterwards. ;P

It was a wonderful performance. I'm glad I went to see it, because everyone did such a smashing job. If you're going to see it, you will enjoy yourself!

NB:
At about this point, I'd be including some Dinkycam photos because I took the little bugger along with me. But, even though it worked perfectly on the night, something went horribly wrong when I tried to upload the pictures onto my PC and they all got deleted. Oh well, it's not as if they would have worked out anyway... sigh I think I'd better fork out for a proper digital camera someday.

___________
¹My sister's partner, btw.
²The same Trish who is the co-ordinator for the mural project I may have mentioned in passing. See my next post re: that topic.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Thanks neb, I am glad you enjoyed it :)You actually came to what I believe and most of the cast, crew and production team agree was our best performance! It was, as Richard the director said, "a quintessential performance of Dimboola"

I personally think it was my realism at playing drunk... *smirks*

Word Verification: tofing... that sounds a little like some wierd sex act.

Neb said...

Tofing?!?
What are you talking about?

PS. you spelled "weird" wrong.

Neb said...

PPS. I get it now.