Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sleepy Limbo

...caught in the space between...

Right now I am in between two opening shifts at work. I seem to be getting a lot of opening shifts recently... and they are a lot harder than I thought they would be.
I'm still working under the limit of 30hrs a week (it's a regulatory thing - I guess if we worked any more hours it would cost our employers too much). But... I'm really NOT a morning person, and my sleeping pattern is totally mucked up because of this.

The past two open shifts have left me very tired. I have noticed that I become very strange when I am on the edge of sleep - I mean, stranger than normal. Yesterday about an hour before the end of my shift I started giggling, and I couldn't stop. It was really embarrassing. I had to pretend I had a bad cough, and kept covering up my mouth.

After work I went straight to bed. Then I got woken up about three times by phone calls (which hung up before I got to the phone)... which only made me even drowsier. It seems that if my sleep is interrupted by something it adds an extra hour to my slumber. Which is why I don't like sleeping during the day...

Also, I'm just starting to get achey in my joints, because I suspect I'm getting that damn virus thing that my Ma has right now.
I am not happy! I know that I'm going to get really sick because my lifestyle has been erratic of late (not just work related stuff, btw, but it hasn't helped). What's more, I have three days off this week, and I know that I'll probably spend most of those in bed. Out of force, not choice...

Must... get... sleep...

1 comment:

Neb said...

Post Script:
Turns out I didn't get sick after all. At least, not cripplingly so. I had a bit of a tummy upset, but that went away after a few days.

However, a lot of the other workers got really badly ill...