Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Neb's Big Day in the Big City, Part One

Heh heh! I could start this post with an apology about not blogging often enough, but it seems just about everyone who has a blog says that at the start of each post, so... Nyah.

I really should have told you both about my trip to the National Gallery of Victoria to see the Salvador DalĂ­: Liquid Desire exhibition, since it happened at least a week ago. ;/
I've gone as far as to load up the photos I took, but actually writing about it? Not so much.

Well, time to address that. Since it was so important, and all...


After I'd established the day we were all going to head up to Melbourne, our trip had attracted other interested people. What was originally going to be a smallish party of three threatened to turn into a bulky crowd of eight - and this was before I'd even sorted out the costs of travel and admission. O_O;
I spent a few good hours on the two or three days leading up to the trip frantically texting and calling everyone else to establish who wanted tickets, who had concession cards, which train to catch, where we should go for lunch, etc. etc. stress stress stress

The day arrived. I managed to get up early enough to collect my friends and meet up at the train station. Everyone had their ticket, we were on the train, ready, on time and on schedule! FINALLY, I could start to relax. We'd DONE it!

And then, we got to Flinders Street Station, walked across the St Kilda Bridge, and thought, "Hey, there seems to be an awful lot of people down this end of the city - "

Oh my god.
There was a queue of people waiting outside the gallery. Frig. I'd never even thought about this. None of us had. For some silly reason, we'd expected to be able to just walk in, buy tickets and enjoy some Surrealist art. Too bad we were NOT EVEN CLOSE.

The line into the gallery was very quick - compared to the line INSIDE the gallery:

Hahahahahahahahaaaaa...!

No comments: