Saturday, July 5, 2008

i hATE bEING sICK...

Yep, I've succumbed to yet another cold/flu/upper respiratory tract infection... this would be the second for 2008.

I started feeling a bit funny on Thursday. It was weird, one moment I was fine, and then suddenly, it was like a switch had been flipped - I felt a strange heavy feeling just under my lungs, and I felt an odd dizzy sensation in my head. It only lasted a couple of seconds, and I thought, "That was odd."
I went to visit friends later on that day, but I felt really tired as the afternoon went on. I lost my appetite, and only ate about two-thirds of my meal, and I fell asleep on their couch a couple of times. (Sorry, I accidentally drooled on your cushion too. I sleep with my mouth open for some reason.)

When I got home, I tried to get to sleep, but I couldn't get warm; I was shivering so much I sat right next to the heating duct in the living room until I got too hot, but when I moved away I started shivering again...
It didn't help that I'd been out in the rain earlier. The weather's been pretty patchy of late, with alternate rain/fine days. Trust me to get caught in the middle of the wet!

So, I spent most of yesterday in bed. With a fever of 38.1C...
Thank goodness for paracetamol.

I've had to call in sick for work today, even though I feel capable of getting up and about. I've learned from past experience that I have to be extremely careful about getting back into a normal pattern after getting sick. In fact, there have been times I've gone to work while I've been sick, but none of those times have been as bad as yesterday!
So, instead, I am milling around the house... getting bored... and wishing I could actually get out and DO something. Heck, I'd go to WORK if I could, but then I'd probably just cough all over the place and make everyone else ill, and then who knows what would happen?

It's just that sitting around the house, wasting time, is really frustrating.
Anyway, since I can't go out, it gives me the chance to update my blog... and even though I haven't been well, I have a LOT to put up!
So, check it out!

EDIT: Seems I had enough material for FIVE posts this time around! Guess I ought to fall sick more often!
...
On the other hand... guess not.

No comments: