Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Being Thirty (Part One)

Well, I finally made it to yet another milestone today.
And of course, I celebrated it appropriately... I FELL ASLEEP.

Okay, before I get too involved, here's what we did to honour my thirtieth.

Last Saturday, my sister came down from Melbourne so we could all go out to a restaurant for dinner. We went to Iimi's Café in Traralgon, a very nice café/restaurant place we've been to before. It was a small group, mainly the immediate family and a couple of other relatives.
Ma had asked me if I wanted my gifts that day, instead of on the actual birthday, and I said wait for the proper day... but she pulled out a big wrapped-up gift about the size of a big lunchbox when we got to the table! I unwrapped the paper, to find that inside was a big black box. Inside the box, I found another parcel... which contained another, slightly smaller box! Inside that box, was another smaller parcel -
Do you see where I'm going with this?
I went through six layers of paper and five boxes before I got to the "true" gift:

Very funny, Ma!
But the really funny part was I'd already bought myself one from the same shop the day before... I guess I'll have to pass that on to someone else for Christmas!

I took a bunch of photos with my little "happy-snap" camera - no, not Dinkycam, this one is a cheap film-based camera I bought a few years ago, before I even had a computer with a USB port... ah! the joys of having to wait to see if your photos even worked out properly.
The shots worked out reasonably well, but I don't have the scanner set up properly yet, so those pictures will have to wait for a while...

Once we'd enjoyed our meals including the one they'd forgotten to bring out we came home for some birthday cake - a lovely Mixed Berry cheesecake, yummm...! And that was merely the first cake I'd had this week!

Anyway - On to Part Two!

No comments: