Monday, December 29, 2008

Pretty Pebbles

I collect all sorts of weird junk (just wait until I start posting some of my Video game figurines).
One of the things I like to collect are rocks. Not just average-looking chunks of gravel, mind you, but rocks that are pretty.

Like these:

I found the three blue stones at the Sunday market a few weeks ago, for about $3 each. I thought the smaller stones with the gold flecks were Lapis Lazuli but it turns out they are merely Sodalite, which is slightly different. However, the plain blue stone could in fact be Lapis Lazuli - it's hard to tell when you don't have a lot of experience with minerals!
The small purple stone is most likely Amethyst - it looks different in this photo because I haven't got the hang of setting up lighting yet, but it is the typical purple colour.

I have some other stones to show off, and I'll post pictures when I have them.

No comments: