Monday, January 5, 2009

Dentition Woes, con't

Okay, remember how I said I had to have part of a root canal done last month?

Well, it just got worse.
Last week, while I was sitting at the computer and eating a muesli bar, I suddenly realised that there was something else in my mouth that definitely wasn't chewy...
I spit out the half-chewed bar, and amongst the oaty-fruity stuff was this:
AAAAARGH!!!
I had a look at my tooth in the mirror, and found my mouth in this state:

Yes, THIS IS (or rather WAS) the same tooth that was halfway through the root canal!

[IMG="http://picture_of_money_flying_away.jpg"]

So far, I haven't been able to see the dentist yet (well, it has been the Xmas/NYE period, hasn't it?) but I will be going in to make an appointment as soon as possible.
It doesn't hurt or anything, and I'm not angry so much at the discomfort (or cost) as I am at the complete waste of time this has been! If I'd known that it would just go and break at the least convenient time possible, I would have had it pulled out weeks ago.
Oh, well. Shall keep you all posted.

1 comment:

caf said...

Scary!


My Dad refused to eat Minties, Fantails or chewy muesli bars after having lost several fillings that way, but a whole tooth!!!

I'm glad you noticed early enough not to bite down on it hard and hurt yourself heaps, and i'm glad the lost tooth area doesn't hurt, but even so I really feel for you regarding the wasted money.

*hugs!!!*