Monday, September 28, 2009

I feel better now

I managed to go and visit my friends last Tuesday! It's a bit hit and miss nowadays, since we all have such different schedules to keep. I'd hate to have missed them though, especially after all the bitching about it I did in my last post! ;P

The gathering was in aid of the trip to Melbourne I've been trying to organise for the better part of four months. I want to go and see the Salvador Dali: Liquid Desire exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria, but I don't want to go all on my own; a lot of my friends are also interested in art, and especially in one of the greatest artists from the past century. The collection of Dali's work will not be on show (or indeed in the same place) for much longer, and to miss out on this would be a terrible shame.
I would be prepared to go to see it on my own if I had to... but I don't want to do that. This is the sort of thing you need to enjoy in the company of friends, so it was important that we managed to sort something out that was suitable for everybody. How am I supposed to speculate on the meaning of burning giraffes and lobster telephones without someone to laugh with?

Besides, the last time I went out to my friend's art studio was well over a year ago, and I fell asleep on her couch like the gracious guest that I am. Hey, I was coming down with a cold, I had no idea that was going to happen!

As I said, I've been trying to organise this for a while, but things (as always) have come in the way. Such as work, other people's plans, no free time, scheduling problems... etc. etc.

We have sorted out the day of departure: this Sunday, the 4th.
Travelling there and back should be no problem, as there is a train station literally out the front door of my friend's place, so all we need to do is get there; but I would have preferred a better margin for error than the very last day of the exhibition!!! O_O;; Nervous, much?
Never mind - all is sorted, and will work out on the day!

________
In other stuff, Geelong beat St Kilda in the AFL Grand Final. I guess the Cats managed to recoup their loss after last year's defeat to Hawthorn, but I feel really bad for the Saints; they haven't won a Premiership in 43 - sorry, 44 years, now. Never mind guys, try again next year!

Also, I have added a new item to the Friendly Blog list: Nerdgirl's Adventures, which is my sister trying to come to terms with the world of technology and all it entails. She's also been updating her Have Some Cake! blog recently. I think she's finally free of the evil thrall of facebook, but can we pull her back fully into the Real World? :|

Stay happy folks; this freezing cold weather can't last forever!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I think I am gonna go see it tomorrow ^_^