Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pro Active!

Hey Folks!

I spent the better portion of yesterday taking care of business. I've been quite dull for the past few days, so I decided I ought to leave this house and go outside.
I managed to pay a couple of bills, and went through all the charity shops in town. (Yay, my exciting life. Hey, it's better than ebay.)

Didn't find that much, but I did find a couple of good second-hand books. One of them was "Inside Mad" - one of those vintage pocket-sized books full of excerpts from MAD Magazines. Brilliant! It's one of the original editions too.
Let me just go and count how many of them I now have...
OVER FORTY!!!
...in variable condition. Some of them are actually barely ½ a book, because I wasn't always careful with where I put them. hee hee...

On the way home I ran into my friend Slink, whom I hadn't seen since we went to the Game On expo back in April. He was heading to his sister's place, which was handy because I also had to go see them as well. Her baby girl Sophie had her christening last weekend, but I was unable to go as I had work in the evening... so I had some catching up to do. (The christening was a 6pm mass, so it was apparently a lot different from her older sister's.)

It made me realise how easy it is to get caught up in your own stuff, and forget about the rest of the world. How many times have I looked at the clock and thought, "Oh, damn it! I meant to (insert something wonderful/important but forgotten)! Now it's too late! Oh, well, I'll just have to do it tomorrow..."
My friend said the same thing, though. She said that life has a habit of getting in the way of your best intentions - she's been having the same problem, though admittedly not for the same reasons. Maybe it's just a symptom of the times?

Speaking of catching up, you'll have to excuse me now. I have to try and organise a trip to Trafalgar, so that we can finish off the way-overdue murals for Boolarra before they get picked up. I'll try to include some pictures of same in my next post, once I figure out how the heck I actually do that! :)

See you later!

No comments: